To encourage and facilitate the attendance of young scientists and engineers to the Summer School, the European Federation of Corrosion (EFC) sponsors three Grants. The three Grants, covering the registration & accommodation fee, will be awarded to PhD students only. Please note that the travel costs are not covered by the Grant and need to be paid by yourself/your organization!
The Grants will be given primarily to students whose thesis topic fits best to the scope of the School and who wouldn’t otherwise be able to attend.
Who may apply:
- The applicant must be younger than 35 years in the year of NuCoSS-19.
- The applicant must be officially enrolled in a PhD program and the topic/objective of this PhD programme must be directly related to the field of nuclear science/engineering (preferably nuclear corrosion).
- Only one applicant per organization may receive a grant. However, multiple applications from a given organization are encouraged.
How to apply:
If you wish to apply, please fill out and submit the form below no later than January 31, 2018 (00:00, UTC+1). All applicants will be notified by February 28 about the acceptance or rejection of their application. The following information must be provided:
- Name and affiliated organization,
- CV (incl. birth date),
- PhD student confirmation,
- topic of the thesis project the applicant is working on and duration,
- a short letter of recommendation, detailing why it is important for you to attend NuCoSS-19 and why your host institution cannot fully support (financially) your attendance to the school.
The event organizers reserve the right not to award all Grants if (in their opinion) not sufficient eligible and/or high-quality applications are submitted.
The application form will close in: